Kevin S. McCarter
Department of Experimental Statistics
College of Agriculture
Room 171 Martin D. Woodin Hall
Recent Collaborative Efforts
- "Ionic Liquid-Based Optoelectronic Sensor Arrays for Chemical Detection," by Waduge Indika S. Galpothdeniya, Kevin S. McCarter, Sergio L. De Rooy, Bishnu P. Regmi, Susmita Das, Farhana Hasan, Attres Tagge and Isiah M. Warner. RSC Advances.
LSU researchers Dr. Paul Mooney and Dr. Kevin S. McCarter publish article in top-tier special education journal Exceptional Children
- College of Human Sciences & Education blast announcement
- "Additional Performance and Progress Validity Findings Targeting the Content-Focused Vocabulary Matching," by Paul Mooney, Kevin S. McCarter, Jodie Schraven, Scarlet Callicoatte. Exceptional Children.
- "Simazine May Be A Better Choice Than Atrazine For Home Lawns Near Surface Waters," by Jeffrey Beasley, Miao Liu, Ron Strahan, Jeff Kuehny, Kevin McCarter and Kim Pope. Louisiana Agriculture.
- "Examining an Online Content General Outcome Measure: Technical Features of the Static Score," by Paul Mooney, Kevin S. McCarter, Robert J. Russo Jr., Danielle L. Blackwood. Content Area Measurement Using Curriculum-Based Measurement. Ed. Erica S. Lembke. Spec. issue of Assessment for Effective Intervention.
- Gbur, Edward E., Walter W. Stroup, Kevin S. McCarter, Susan Durham, Linda J. Young, Mary Christman, Mark West, Matthew Kramer. "Analysis of Generalized Linear Mixed Models in the Agricultural and Natural Resources Sciences." American Society of Agronomy, Soil Society of America, Crop Science Society of America.
Resources for StudentsLinks to Courses I Teach
- EXST 4012 - Introduction to Sampling Techniques
- EXST 4050 - Principles and Theory of Statistics
- EXST 7003 - Statistical Inference I
- EXST 7012 - Fundamental Sampling Techniques
- EXST 7037 - Multivariate Statistics
- EXST 7087 - Special Topics - Structural Equation Modeling
- EXST 7142 - Statistical Data Mining
Research and collaboration interests
- Applications of generalized linear mixed modeling
- Applications of multivariate statistical analysis
- Precision Agriculture
- Design and analysis of embedded field trials
- Decision support systems for developing variable-rate treatment prescriptions
- Predictive modeling, Data mining
- Survival analysis & Life testing / Analysis of censored data
- Statistical computation / Computationally intensive statistical methods
- Statistical software development
- Biostatistics / Clinical trials
The LSU Department of Experimental Statistics continues to provide state-of-the-art statistical consulting to facilitate the research of all faculty and students affiliated with the LSU AgCenter and the entire LSU A&M campus. Information on how to schedule a consulting session can be found here.
- Open Office Productivity Suite
- Baton Rouge weather
- Louisiana State Government
- Baton Rouge City/Parish Government
- The Advocate of Baton Rouge
- The Daily Reveille of LSU